May 2021 – Marketing Specialist
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for writing and distributing digital content and planning and executing virtual and live events for B2B clients in industrial sectors. In addition, this position is responsible for helping key account managers keep client projects on schedule by coordinating project details, resources, and completing assigned marketing activities. This is a full-time position.
About Blue Canoe
If you enjoy learning about the innovative technologies used from space exploration to mining, you’ll love it here. We provide marketing services to companies who manufacture highly engineered products or provide engineering services used in astronomy, construction, hydrology, meteorology, mining, renewable energy and more around the world. While we lean to technical marketing, our style is friendly, easy and calm, like canoe on smooth blue water for our clients. We work from home offices (no daily commute!) supported with company laptop and printer, documented processes, online systems, and real-time team communications.
Our clients are engineers, scientists, and technologists who value accuracy. You’ll be producing content that needs to be clear, concise, and correct. It is important that our clients’ projects are kept on schedule and project timelines are communicated regularly to clients. Tasks, priorities, budgets, client desires may shift or change throughout the project – a flexible attitude, efficient project organization, and a willingness to own the project are essential to success in this position.
- Write content for emails, newsletters, blog posts, social media posts, SEO, success stories, and marketing copy.
- Manage client virtual events with event set-up in Zoom or other virtual platforms, registration, promotion, registrant communication, speaker preparation, event slide deck, event administration and post-event reporting.
- Coordinate client projects – resources, scheduling, meetings, graphic design work, etc.
Skills Needed for Success
- Marketing generalist who has developed and executed campaigns for services and products in business-to-business (e.g. content curation or creation, communications programs, SEO/SEM, virtual or in-person conferences, product launches, collateral development, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Puts the needs of the client first in all communication.
- Experienced writer, who can write different types of content: email, brochure and social media copy, video scripts, case studies. Comfortable interviewing clients, gathering facts and researching supporting details. Familiar with the copyediting process and editing the document with a client.
- Can accept constructive feedback about their work from internal and external teams and work through processes to achieve the desired outcome for the client.
- Deadline driven and has consistent follow through to meet those deadlines.
- Resourceful and shows initiative when finding solutions that work for clients.
- Experience in planning and managing virtual and in-person events.
- Write and design impactful, effective presentations.
- Strong project management skills required, including effective communication of project status, resources needed and schedule to internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years experience in digital marketing communications in a business-to-business environment.
- Expert user of MS Office suite, Google Workspace, popular email platforms (i.e. Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Infusionsoft, DotDigital), WordPress editor, Google Analytics, social media (especially LinkedIn), and virtual event platforms (i.e. Zoom, GoToMeeting, Teams)
- Home office with sufficient area, reliable wifi, and ability to present at virtual events and perform work in a professional manner without interruption or distraction.
B2B marketing experience for companies in industrial sectors: manufacturing, energy, transportation, construction, aerospace & defense, optics, mining, and logistics.
Compensation and Benefits
Blue Canoe offers a competitive salary based on experience, flexible schedule, and remote work environment. Profit-sharing and incentive plan, simple IRA company plan with company contribution, reimbursed voice/data usage on cell plan are available for eligible employees.
Please submit resume and three samples of finished written materials, such as a blog post, script, newsletter, news release, trade article, or website copy to email@example.com.